Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sophia Annabelle Sperring



She's here! I thought that I'd be much quicker at writing about our new little daughter, but as it turns out, being a mommy is a bit time consuming! SO, I'll go back 9 days to Friday, September 17!
Nana & Sister just before c-section


Our sweet Sophia Annabelle (to be called Annabelle) came into the world at 8:58 AM on September 17 with 10 perfect little fingers, 10 tiny little toes, deep dark blue eyes and even a little bit of dark hair. She was 7 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long, but had dropped to 7 pounds 5 ounces the next morning as she apparently swallowed quite a lot of amniotic fluid on the way out!! In the eyes of her mommy and daddy, she's absolute perfection!!! We delivered at Centennial and just a word about the staff and nurses: incredible! I had absolutely no idea what to expect, but every single person who laid a hand on Annabelle or me went above and beyond anything I ever expected! So, just in case any of you read this, THANK YOU! We had a scheduled c-section planned so that she could arrive during a time that Steve was able to be out of the hospital for a couple days with us. I went back and forth over whether or not a c/s was the right thing to do, but as it turns out our stubborn little girl had the cord around her head, was high up in my abdomen and turned sideways! My OB said I had already shown great "mother's intuition" with this decision, as he felt there was no chance she would ever have been in position to make the exit on her own! Also because of the scheduled section, my phenomenal hubby was able to arrange for both my mom and Kimmie to be in the OR with us! Kimmie was "shadowing" the CRNA for the procedure, so from the time I left our room until her birth, she never had to leave, even when Steve wasn't allowed! No one can ever know the comfort this gave me! And having mom there to see her granddaughter enter the world: priceless! And of course, with Steve holding my hand every second, that was easily the most memorable and special morning of my life!!!

Meeting my daughter
Annabelle meeting her INCREDIBLE daddy

Her Birthday! Daddy had this teddy delivered to her!

Our Family, Day 2
Annabelle & Nana

Annabelle & GrandPop



Day 3
Going home day


I must say that I knew Steve was already a great father, but he has been even more incredible that I ever thought possible! Just this morning, he scooped Annabelle up out of her bassinet, changed her dirty diaper and fed her so that I could sleep a bit longer!!!

Her first night home
This past week we've spent lots of time adjusting to having a new little person in the house, but every minute has been pure bliss for us all and we truly can't believe how blessed we are to have this baby girl join our already fabulous family!!





No comments:

Post a Comment