Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Wrap Up


I cannot believe this month is nearly over and we haven't said a word about all we've been doing! I'm not really sure if I can get it all in one post, but we will see!
First of all, Steve is doing really well. He has been healing fantastically from his surgery and is almost ready to go back to work. Annabelle and I are not ready for it. It's been so nice for him to be here with us the last several weeks as he's been recovering, and I know his baby girl is going to miss him terribly. She's been a Daddy's girl since the day she was born, but that has reached a whole new level while he has been off work!















We started off this month with Annabelle's 3 month/Christmas pictures. Most everyone knows I have a fairly healthy love (obsession) with Christmas, so I wanted her pictures to reflect our favorite time of year. I thought she was just absolutely precious, as always, but that was mostly thanks again to Brandi Pitts for her amazing talent in photography.















In her little airplane bed
The first weekend in December, we tackled our first trip with Annabelle. I think we were pretty brave to make the very first one a transatlantic, 14 hour ordeal, but that sweet little girl handled it beautifully! She didn't make a peep on her very first flight, was an angel during the layover in Philly and then snuggled into her bassinet shortly after takeoff for a nice night's sleep. She had no problem with jet lag, totally loved meeting all of her family in England and was a total sweetheart again the whole way home. It was so nice to have such a long time in England this visit. We usually only have a week to spend, but we were able to stay a few extra days on top of what we had planned before his surgery since Steve couldn't work anyway. I think it was wonderful for him to spend some time recuperating with his family and of course showing Annabelle off to everyone!

Dressed for the Chelsea match

Annabelle's first pub!
With Nanna

TV with Aunt Ali & Uncle Rob
Cuddling with cousin Jazzi


We returned home just a little more than a week before Christmas. That time completely flew by, with last minute shopping, wrapping and preparation for Annabelle's very first Christmas, which was even more wonderful than I had hoped. Rather than go over all the details of this Christmas (which I love, but I'm sure do not matter to anyone else), I'll just post photos to tell the story of our first Christmas with sweet Annabelle.

Annabelle with big sis Kimmie & bro in law Clay



Presents @ Granny & Pawpaw's

With Granny, Pawpaw, Nana, Grandpop, Dustin, Uncle Stephen, Aunt Tracy & Darby




Just before bed Christmas Eve

Christmas Morning
                                          




I suppose an update about Annabelle alone would probably be good, too. She is now almost 15 weeks old and still totally perfect! She sleeps through the night nearly every night. She smiles and chatters and coos constantly. She hasn't rolled over yet, but she is very close and she has 2 tiny little white spots that I know will become her first little teeth in the not too distant future. She truly makes life above and beyond anything I ever imagined. I know everyone thinks their baby is the best and the brightest and sweetest and the cutest, but Annabelle really is!!









As 2010 is drawing to a close, I look back at just how much has happened in these last 12 months. This time last year, I was pregnant, we just didn't know it yet. Steve had cancer, but we didn't know that yet, either. Kimmie and Clay have gotten married. My Pawpaw had a stroke. I spent 40 weeks with a precious baby kicking and wiggling and growing inside. We went on some wonderful vacations. We spent quality time with family. Steve had a huge surgery to remove a kidney. And, of course, Annabelle made her grand entrance into the world. I wouldn't have believed anyone if they tried to tell me all of this would happen in only 12 months, but here we are. This was far and away a year full of ups and downs, but we are so blessed to be able to say it's coming to a close on an "up". I wish everyone peace and happiness as this year ends and a new one begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment